Sunday, July 06, 2008

Distractions and Shiny Objects

So, I spent a long time talking to a friend last night about the people in our lives (not in the gossipy way!). We talked about who we worry for, who we love spending time with, and who we would love to spend more time with too. So, as we were talking though, I realized that my conversation went back to the same person over and over again.
I have constantly had this same person on my mind everyday for the last week or so. I am completely unsure of why. It may be because I am concerned about some of the things he has going on in his life and I feel like I should keep in prayer for him. I am sure that is all there is to it, right?
I would love to think that is all there is to it, but I am also completely distracted by him.
You would think that 27 years of being single would have taught me how to focus on something other than the shiny objects (otherwise known as guys) that wander into my life. It hasn't. Shiny objects are a distraction. Very attractive, God-serving shiny objects are ridiculously distracting. This past week, I had to give my self little pep talks to keep from being so out of focus. Is that ridiculous?
Now, all of you know my weakness.

What's your distraction? How do you refocus?

No comments: