Monday, July 14, 2008

I know a girl...

I know a girl who at 16 is already a recovering addict.

I know a girl who slept with a boy last week because he wanted to and she didn't care.

I know a girl who would do ANYTHING (!) for affection.

I know a girl who just wants someone to say she's beautiful.

These girls break my heart. In so many ways, I am these girls. I get so overwhelmed with how much they hurt sometimes that I cry. I like awake worrying about them, praying for them. I don't know how much good I can do, but I know that I am blessed by letting God use me.

What is more worrying is that this is just the beginning. This is only the things I KNOW. What can I do in just a few hours a week? How much of a difference does a phone call, text message, or email make? Do they realize I love them? Do they realize that love doesn't have to come with a price tag? Some days I just wish I could spend a day telling each of them how much more there is, how much I care, how much GOD LOVES her. I know that I can't (and shouldn't) try to save them myself, but sometimes I really wish I could.

No comments: